Butterfly Signet Ring pt 1

I started making jewelry a little under a year ago, but I've been making 3D printed designs since 2016 (I'm a big fan of Fusion 360, despite all of the hate I see about it lmao) The first time I mashed the two together though, I made a signet ring with a butterfly impression. Why a butterfly? I think they're quite amazing, from the delicate nature of their wings to the fact that they change from a caterpillar which cannot fly to butterflies which can. Anyways, the goal was to create a design which could be sand cast, meaning no overhangs and a flat back, and it would preferably be able to make an actual impression in wax. The first part in achieving this goal was to make a 3d printed ring, and make sure that it had the shape, dimensions, and general feel that I wanted. There were a few iterations before I settled on one, some too big, some too small, some too thick but I finally settled on this. (Please excuse my fat, crooked fingers lol)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bureau of Balance Bracer pt 1 of 1

6 NAND Flip Flop Ring pt 2