Bureau of Balance Bracer pt 1 of 1

Making jewelry can get really expensive and I am but a broke college student, so we take a break from your regularly scheduled programming to take a look at a significantly different project than the last. I was going to my local convention as Taako from The Adventure Zone, and I needed a Bureau of Balance bracer of course. I might make another post in the future detailing the making of this further, so if you would like that, please let me know! For now, though, here's the condensed version. I used a leather bracer pattern that I found online somewhere to figure out the general shape and dimension of the bracer. I then added the Bureau of Balance symbol and some (purely aesthetic) lacing holes. Then, being a college student in a dorm, took the flat 3D print and a disposable baking tin to my Keurig and filled the tin with hot water and set the print in it. Having laid a thin washcloth on my arm, I then placed the now bendable print on my arm and molded it to the shape of my arm. Rinse and repeat until I got the desired shape, replacing the water in the tin as it cooled. After it was molded it, I spray painted it silver and dry brushed black over top the spray paint in an effort to make it look not as much like a piece of plastic that was spray painted silver. I'm pretty happy with it, although there are a few changes I'd make to the print itself if I ever remade it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 NAND Flip Flop Ring pt 2

Butterfly Signet Ring pt 1