Butterfly Signet Ring pt 2

After I had the design settled on for the ring, it was time to flatten it so that it could be cast. Not all methods of casting require this flattening, if I was casting this ring via the lost wax casting method for example, my print would have been good to go as far as the design itself went, but I was sand casting this one, so it had to be flat. Due to the fact that I tend to make rings using the Loft function in Fusion 360, it wasn't all too difficult to flatten it out and took me 90 minutes at most. Side note, full disclosure, I got the math wrong for the circumference of my finger, so the finished product has an additional bit of copper soldered onto it, its not terribly visible, and honestly kind of fits in with its aged look, so I decided not to redo and recast the whole thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bureau of Balance Bracer pt 1 of 1

6 NAND Flip Flop Ring pt 2

Butterfly Signet Ring pt 1