Butterfly Signet Ring pt 5 (final)
And here we have it! The finished product! I was incredibly (and still am if I'm being honest) proud of myself. I'm going to be completely honest right now, the reason that I decided to 3D print the ring in the first place was because it's within my comfort zone. At this point in time, I was not new to 3D printing, but I was incredibly new to jewelry making and saw this daunting project and was like, hey, I can 3D print this and get it to look exactly how I want through that. I'm still on the fence about this decision, because hey, it's always good to learn new skills, and I'm always looking to learn. However, I can honestly say that through 3D printing my jewelry casts, I have learned more about 3D printing than I would have otherwise. Sorry for the rambling, back to the ring itself! In the end, it end up being able to make a wax impression! It was more than I could've hoped for and I happily wear it every day! (I really need to find a copper sealer, the copper oxidizing on my skin doesn't look very good)
Comments
Post a Comment