Brass Sand Casting / Bureau of Balance Ring pt 1 of 1

Here's the first and only (for now) time I've cast anything in brass. I wanted to make some brass buttons for my Taako cosplay so I made a button with the Bureau of Balance symbol in Fusion 360 and then tried sand casting it. Admittedly, sand casting might have not been the best casting method to do this particular design in, but alas it was the only option immediately available to me. I also didn't like the way that the brass looked once cast. I could have drilled the button holes in using a drill press, but I no longer wanted to do all of the buttons in brass for aesthetic reasons. I instead opted for printing them and then painting them with a metallic paint. I have yet to find a purpose for the failed brass button, but I don't want to melt it down and make something else either. I think I might try to make it into a pendant or key chain at some point in the future.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bureau of Balance Bracer pt 1 of 1

6 NAND Flip Flop Ring pt 2

Butterfly Signet Ring pt 1