Found Objects Lost Wax Casting pt 1
This actually isn't my first time trying lost wax casting. I was lucky enough to go to a high school that offered a sculpture class that taught me to carve wood, weld, and lost wax cast. That was honestly one of my favorite classes and is something that I seem to keep coming back to. If I can find my cast from then, I think I'll do a comparison between my first lost wax cast and this one which is essentially my second lol 15 year old me could never. This is a project for a university casting class that I am taking, and our task was to find things that could be melted off in a kiln and lost wax cast. I chose a button, a thimble, and a D20 die. These are to be cast in bronze and I am greatly looking forward to seeing the finished product! Here they are set in brown sticky wax and are ready for the flask to be put over them and then have investment plaster poured over them and then be put into a kiln. After the plaster is cured, they will be ready to be cast!
Comments
Post a Comment